Federations join in mourning Rochelle Shoretz, z”l, the founder and leader of Sharsheret, a national organization that supports women with breast and ovarian cancer. A frequent guest speaker in many Federations around the country as well as at the General Assembly and TribeFest, she often reminded audiences to be “unapologetically Jewish” in our work to repair the world. May her memory be for a blessing.
Federations also mourn the loss of Beau Biden, the son of Vice President Joe Biden. As the Houston Jewish community prepares to bury an elderly couple who passed away during last week’s flooding, the local Houston Federation continues to raise emergency funds with national support. Throughout the country Federations have helped lead the way to raise national awareness of Jewish American Heritage Month. Jewish organizations throughout the country are receiving federal security grants in part due to advocacy done by Jewish Federations.
- Jerusalem Post – US Jewish groups mourn passing of Beau
- JTA – Burial set for elderly Jewish couple who died in Houston flooding
- The Forward – Why does no one care about Jewish Heritage Month?
- Religion News Service – Why Jewish organizations received $110 million from Homeland Security
Meanwhile, Federations are featured in New York, Boston, and Cleveland.
- Times of Israel – Tens of thousands attend NYC Israel solidarity parade
- Boston Globe – Julian Edelman teams with ‘Celebrate Israel’
- Cleveland Jewish News – IDF soldiers strengthen partnership with Bellfaire