Federation leaders gathered in Israel this week to hear from Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and others at the annual Assembly of The Jewish Agency. On a Federation mission to Ukraine last week participants met with members of the local Jewish community to learn firsthand about ongoing political and economic difficulties. With damage estimated in the millions, Federations allocate additional funds to assist relief efforts in Houston following last month’s historic flooding. Twenty-five years after Federations raised tens of millions of dollars to help Soviet Jews resettle in America, efforts are still being made to help them fully integrate.
- Jerusalem Post – PM to address Jewish Agency gathering in TA
- Times of Israel (op-ed) – Tears in my eyes, pain in my heart
- Times of Israel (op-ed) – People worry they’ll be dead in the morning
- Jewish Herald-Voice – Flood relief still a priority in fundraising efforts
- Jerusalem Post – After Exodus, making their own way in America
Meanwhile, Federations are featured in Charleston, New York, St. Louis, Baltimore, San Diego and Dayton.
- Jewish Exponent – ‘This is just the beginning’
- Haaretz – How many Israelis are there in America? Let us count the ways to answer that
- The Forward – William Shemin gets his Medal of Honor – a century later
- JNS – Pew and the Jews, Part 2: experts say leveraging poll data trumps numbers
- JTA – Jewish family appeals ruling in case of Nazi-looted art
- Jewish Observer – Where are the Jews of Dayton?